Intern: Aftermarket Business Controlling (Summer 2019)
The Aftermarket marketing internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in the finance/controlling/data science field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on projects for the Aftermarket Business Controlling Team. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full time professionals work together on projects within their selected area of the organization. The internship allows students to integrate their finance/controlling/data management knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the Volvo Group Sales Aftermarket team.
The internship position is for the summer of 2016 as a full time position with a target of 40 hours per week. The start date will commence in late May and end in Mid-August depending on the course work schedule at the university.
Position Description Objective:
The Aftermarket Business Controlling internship position will be responsible for working with various internal and external stakeholders and partners. Activities, including but not limited to, financial analysis, monthly reporting, data analysis, data modeling, competitive benchmarking of existing practices, tools and methodologies through Volvo’s wide range of internal systems, researching industry best practices, and benchmarking with competitors using various analytical tools to identify revenue and profit opportunities.
- Internal Benchmarking: Identify current business processes, understanding the tools/processes used, and mapping methodologies. Create modeling/reports for management on financial efficiency
- Industry Best practices: Research best in class data management/science practices, data strategies, and best practices in data/financial execution to drive profitability for the Aftermarket group
- Competitive benchmarking: Investigate competitor practices and evaluate effectiveness of their strategy. Compare Volvo’s strategy and identify gaps and action items to drive industry best results for the company
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in finance, data science/management, business or similar (MBA Preferred) at an accredited school and have at least 60 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Applicants should be proficient in use of web based tools, various analytical tools and programs
- Advanced business communication and writing skills preferred. Team work and collaboration
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Process oriented self-starter
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you