Commercial Trainer / Coach
VGA currently has a rare opportunity for an experienced and motivated Trainer/Coach to join our highly dedicated Learning and Development team. This is a vital role that requires you to develop and facilitate commercial training aspects for the business across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific Islands Region. You will be responsible for planning and conducting training programmes to meet Volvo Group’s objective: “To be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world”.
We are committed to best-practice and making changes that ensure outstanding commercial results and exceptional outcomes for our people. You will have a strong commitment to collaborative working, constantly striving for best-in-class learning delivery and be passionate about the Volvo Group product range.
About the role:
- Deliver professional Competence Development to the commercial area of VGA
- Design and deliver global development programs to develop skilled team members in advance of new product launches
- Maintain commercial awareness on aspects relevant to the automotive industry including but not limited to; Sales, Aftersales, systems, products and processes
- Create collaborative learning environments to maximise active participation in learning groups
- Assist in the development and operation of the Regional Training Centres across Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands.
- Minimum of 4+ year’s commercial work experience in a similar role
- Sound of knowledge of Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Buses products
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships
- Proven ability to engage and confidently present to diverse groups
- Collaborative approach to teamwork and project management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter with initiative and problem solving skills
- Flexible team player with the ability to travel across the region to meet business commitments
- Trade qualified in the automotive industry would be advantageous however not essential
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment is advantageous but not essential.
- Competitive remuneration package including company vehicle
- Additional superannuation payments.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including physio consultations.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.