Regional Credit Controller
At Volvo Penta, we aim to be the most forward thinking and customer-focused supplier of sustainable power solutions. Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications with customers in over 130 countries around the world. We work to build close partnerships, leveraging our industrial and marine engineering expertise to deliver innovative solutions for use on land and at sea. Volvo Penta Region Americas is responsible for marketing, sales and customer support activities in the American continents.
We are a highly innovative company that supports our team members in achieving their goals. We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, eager to make a difference and to go the extra mile, we invite you to apply to become a Region Credit Controller (RCC) with our company.
The Region Credit Controller is a proactive position that will contribute in the areas of customer setup across multiple systems, Master Data maintenance, management of credit limits, terms through participation in the Region Credit Committee and development of its agenda, receivables insurance and collateral evaluation. RCC will liaison with Volvo Group Business team to resolve customer disputes and assist with collection efforts. In addition, the RCC will participate in forecasting and reporting of results as well as lead change in the improvement of department processes.
- Initiates or supports collection efforts across the Americas to support Region and Global objectives.
- Promotes communications within the company and with Business Partner base.
- Creates and proposes solutions towards objectives.
- Evaluates new customer setup documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Assesses Risk through analysis of Financial Statements.
- Develop ability to interpret Volvo credit scoring data. Creates credit cases and develops the Agenda for bi-weekly Region and Global Credit Committees.
- Manage the Credit Portal Database for continuation of credit limit, terms and collateral status.
- Articulates the strengths and weaknesses of credit cases and develops bridges to meet Business needs.
- Manages receivables insurance coverage need or collateral requirements such as letters of Credits, guarantees in line with opportunities.
- Manages new customer set-ups.
- Updates and cleanses Customer Master Data base in JDE and Business Partner Master Systems.
- Participates in assigned project meetings.
- Updates and publishes written processes as needed.
- Generates forecasts of monthly receivables results and participates in the closing of the AR.
- Updates monthly reports.
- Demonstrated Excel pivot tables and Power BI skills.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Fluency in a dominant Region Americas language—French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese—is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have 5-7 years Credit experience.
- Requires domestic and international travel (10%)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.