Standardization Engineer, Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
Would you like to be part of engineering world-class transport technologies and does finding clever solutions that can be used in a wide range of products inspire you? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others and seeing it used globally? Welcome aboard, then!
The Volvo Group aspires to achieve leading customer satisfaction for all brands and industry-leading profitability. The best way to boost our business is to boost our customers’ business. That is done by providing our customers with reliable products at the right cost.
Volvo Group Corporate Standards are now looking for a Standardization Engineer, Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
The Corporate Standards department is a Volvo Group-common resource organized within Group Trucks Technology, with the mission to secure quality and reduce product costs through standardization. Our stakeholders are mainly product development departments within the Volvo Group and Volvo Car Corporation. We develop standards and provide training in connection with the developed standards in close cooperation with our stakeholders.
The challenge you will meet is to handle complexity – the opportunity is global networking with colleagues from all Volvo Group Business areas to reach results! You will work in close collaboration with colleagues from, e.g., Trucks, Construction Equipment, Penta and Buses, as well as Volvo Cars. You will be part of an enthusiastic team of experts in a wide range of technical areas.
- Develop and maintain Volvo Group standards and design guidelines in geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Provide training and technical advice to users of standards, e.g. design engineering, purchasing, aftermarket, etc.
- Lead cross-functional Volvo Group and Volvo Cars networks in order to develop standards and support the implementation of standards
- Represent the Volvo Group in national, and sometimes international, standardization forums and network with universities and external institutes
- MSc degree in relevant area or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Good knowledge in ISO drawing rules, dimensioning and tolerancing standards
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Swedish
- Good teaching skills
- Experience from automotive design engineering
- You are a person who takes own initiatives, you have a proactive approach and are well-organized. You are a good communicator, have a positive attitude and enjoy networking in international, cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
Jan-Olof Grundén, Manager Volvo Corporate Standards, 031-322 5035
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.