Team Leader Industrial Genset and Component Field Testing
Are you innovative and curious about the future and do you appreciate to work in close cooperating with your highly committed colleagues?
Come join our team
We would like to extend our Field Test team with someone like you, who has a passion for Product Development in general and Field Test in particular. As a person you enjoy working in a team and have the ability to inspire your team colleagues, you feel engaged by working in projects and reaching goals. Since the job consists of a net of contacts internally and externally, your networking skills are highly valued.
We believe that you have both the competence and personality that will make a difference in our organisation. Imagine yourself working in an environment focused on solutions for the future where creativity and new ideas is a part of your day to day work.
What will you do
Within engine development testing we are responsible for calibration, endurance- , field-, and quality improvement testing of Volvo Penta’s Engines, Drives and Vessel control systems and structuring of measured data from the field.
The work mainly involves following tasks:
- As a Team Leader you will receive test requests from projects and
- Find appropriate field test objects
- Maintain and expand the contact network for future field test customers
- Plan the field tests for our field test engineers
- During the field test, plan updates and keeps track of field test status
- Reporting and communicating the status of the field test objects to the projects and line organisation
- Develop our methods and strategies so we can cope with the future field tests and work in an efficient way delivering high quality
- Responsible for field test legal demands in different markets
- Support and coach the field test engineers in technical issues
- Experience of diesel engine development or engine development testing or experience of field testing activities is a strong qualifier
- Experience in measurement equipment like Vision is of great value
- Advanced experience in excel is a merit
- Outgoing personality that will be Penta’s face towards the field test customers
- As a person you are structured and well organized. You enjoy working in teams and have the ability to work with several parallel tasks and functions, such as projects, customers, OEM's, workshops etc.
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Valid driver’s licence
- A desire to see other places outside Gothenburg. There will be travels included in this position
Now that you are interested in this unique opportunity, it is time for you to take a step into our world – Volvo Penta. We are an energized, inspirational and innovative company. Don’t hesitate, take the opportunity and send your application.
Curious and have some questions? Call me!
Recruiting Manager Andreas Nyman, Tel +46 31 3228543
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.