Commodity Buyer, Electromobility - Energy Storage System
We at Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) are expanding our Electromobility group and are looking for a Commodity Buyer that will handle the scope of Energy Storage System (Batteries). Could it be you? Join us and make a difference for our society!
Our offer to you
The area of Electromobility is characterized by a dynamic environment with fast moving technology, new business models and varying demands from customers. We strive to be in the front seat of this development and this is where you come into the picture. We offer a chance to together with us be a part of developing and setting the course for our society’s future electric transport solutions.
What will you work with as Commodity buyer within Electromobility?
To give you an idea of what a day might look like this will be your overall tasks:
- You will drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase. QDCFTSR = Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- You will also be responsible for production and after production with activities such as handling supplier crisis, supplier switch activities, follow-up of contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase and after production phase
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to supplier base management, production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- You will work in a close collaboration with the segment leader and project buyer for Energy Storage System
Are you engaged in your work and professional in everything you do? If yes – Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing is the right place for you. By selecting high performing suppliers and partners who deliver the best possible products and services with the right quality we add real business value to our customers. That gives the Volvo Group a competitive advantage.
We are a group located in Gothenburg who likes to work hard and have fun together. We are committed to our customers and the Volvo Group success. We work cross functional both within and outside the Volvo Group.
You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class purchasing for future electric transport solutions – sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
This is you
Since we don’t know you yet we might not have everything right about your background and experience. But we do know that we need someone with the ability to drive change and who dares to try things no one has done before. The most important thing for us is that you are:
- An open minded person with a can-do attitude
- Always trying to improve, both yourself and your work environment
- Responsible, dependable and that you like to do business, since that is what this job is about
- A true team player with belief that the best results are achieved together while having fun
Do you want to be a part of this journey to become world leader in electro mobility?
Then you should apply today. We are moving into the future and this is a chance to join us on our ride!
Are you curious to hear more about the job? Or the department? Or maybe you have other questions? Contact me:
Helena Larsson, Purchasing Manager Electromobility, tel: +46 31 322 65 63
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.