Lead Buyer and Segment Leader
Our offer to you
Lead Buyer and Segment Leader for Driven Axles is highly exposed and visible position within Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing. You will interact with different Volvo entities globally and your contribution is key to secure Volvo needs for the Brands. You will have a global purchasing responsibility which will focus on areas such as: defining the segment strategy and ways of working with the different internal stakeholders, optimizing the supplier base, securing competitive and quality secured agreements, developing best practice purchasing processes, benchmarking and reporting with the aim to drive continuous improvement within the segment.
- Lead the segment @500M€ spend in 2018
- A host of the most important supplier@800M€ for Volvo Group
- Lead and contribute to the development of the segment strategy and purchasing process to support Volvo’s strategic objectives
- Lead the global buyer network and prepare the segment business plan for Volvo Group
- Lead the cost reduction plan and ensure to meet Volvo objective
- Drive business synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group
- Strengthening Volvo’s competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market
- Manage and develop the supplier base, using categorization, segmentation, evaluation, etc. in order to establish the appropriate levels of relationship
- Prepare and report Key Performance Indicators development to key stakeholders
- Lead or support large/regional/global sourcing projects or ad-hoc purchases within the segment
The most important thing for us is that you have:
- Business acumen and like to do business
- Strong in communication and can learn on the fly
- A flexible person with a can-do attitude
- Ability to create a role model for global buyers network
- Ability to manage conflict and built the network within Volvo Group
- A true team player with the belief that the best results are achieved together while having fun
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.