The Parts Manager coaches and mobilizes his/her team to:
- Achieve objectives set in accordance with Prevost Parts business plan
- Continuously strives to improve work and operational processes while focusing on customer service
- Safeguard organizational and personal information confidentiality.
- Respect the policies, rules, and values of the Company.
- Contribute to the attainment of Company objectives through efficient use of resources.
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and improved communication between sectors.
- Implement improvements in the department based on Prevost’s business directions.
- Promote standardization and uniformity in management processes and practices.
- Develop personal professional skills.
- Act as a worthy representative of Prevost.
- Establish priorities and develop action plans in his/her sector to achieve business objectives.
- Targets opportunities for process improvement and implement action plans to realize the projected gains.
- Assess manpower requirements, hire and take actions needed to ensure efficiency and operational autonomy.
- Secure the resources or services to maintain or improve efficiency and motivation of the team.
- Measure work efficiency based on established rules and objectives on both employee level and sector level
- Take appropriate corrective actions to keep operations at an effective level.
- All counter performances are addressed and resolved by the implementation and follow-up of a detailed action plan.
- Evaluate team members performance and elaborate with them a development plan aiming to optimize their performance (Personal Business Plan/Management By Objective)
- Proactively keep Company management and the team informed on the status of work in progress:
- Results (Sales, expenses, profitability)
- Current project and situations that may affect their work.
- Implement programs and procedures to improve Prevost’s performance in the following areas:
- Health and safety
- Human resources
- Equipment and other Company assets
- Manage warehousing operations as per outlined in Prevost Parts Warehousing Operations Specifications.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to validate and/or establish replenishment parameters.
- Manage local component purchasing and replenishment in accordance with Prevost’s rules and procedures.
- Manage counter sales activities.
- Participate to the elaboration of budgets and ensures their follow-up.
- Maintain and improve processes and warehouse facility in order to optimize the warehouse’s efficiency.
- Handles customers’ complaints and/or comments as per Prevost’s quality standards.
- Measures conformity in all processes to ensure they are in compliance with ISO standards
- Initiate Corrective Actions Requests when necessary
- Show conformity to ISO processes at all times
- Responsible for the maintenance of the ISO certificate in his/her sector
- Act as Prevost’s representative with customers or other organizations at business and social activities on an occasional basis.
- Participate in Operational Development team activities.
- Budget control
- Effectively promote the Volvo Way.
- Various other tasks as assigned.
- Computer and network proficiency
- Customer Service
- Able to handle stressful situation
- 24/7 availability may be required on some periods.
- Pressure to deliver results with limited resources and time constraints
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- College degree in a related discipline or up to 5 years of relevant experience- Preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience
- 3 years of management or supervisory experience
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to be mobile through the warehouse and parts department
- Able to tolerate extreme local temperatures
- Quantity and quality of services provided to the customer (Parts Customer Satisfaction Index)
- Freight and expenses control. (Cost per shipped line. Freight to sales ratio)
- Warehouse management. Material flows obsolescence level, excess stock levels, inventory integrity and turns (all new KPI)
- Employee morale (VGAS)
- Health and safety performance
- Travel on a regular basis
- 24/7 availability may be required on some periods.
- Pressure to deliver results with limited resources and time constraints.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.