VIE - Refill (Japan) H/F
The VIE, International Voluntary Abroad, is a French international corporate placement programme for young professionals between the age of 18 and 28 who are European Union nationals. For these reasons, we thank you in advance to mention these items on your CV. For more detailed information about the eligibility conditions to this programme, we invite you to go to Business France website: www.civiweb.com
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations. We are an organization of approximately 3,700 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world class operational excellence for our customers, based on smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
Supply Planning and Replenishment (Refill) are important functions in Service Market Logistics, to plan the total inventory in Central Distribution Center, Supply Distribution Centers and Regional Distribution Centers, in order to provide excellent availability level to our customers sitting in the end of supply chain, while keeping a good level of cost and capital tied up.
You will be able to receive on job trainings and be responsible to handle one of the supply chain planning activities for one of the distribution centers above.
Daily activity involves active communication with suppliers and/or counterparts sitting in different stages of distribution centers in different stages of supply chain. You will be also actively involving in analyzing the result, and find way to improve and develop the total supply chain planning.
- Verify the weekly purchase proposal and prepare service market parts in Center Distribution Center, Regional Distribution Centers or Support Distribution Centers, based on demand of the markets
- Place orders daily to recovery backorders.
- The jobs performed above are to ensure the delivery of high availability in service market parts while avoiding building up high inventory level which will affect the cost of capital tied up in stock.
- Drive the balance in the development of main KPI (availability, turnover rate, and sea-air transportation cost ratio) for market in charged.
- Perform analysis and create report and follow up on KPI performance, and to present the result of analysis clearly.
- Take immediate corrective actions when diverging from KPI targets.
- Perform other related operations i.e. rebalancing, and initial stock preparation.
- Continuously work with improvement
Who are you?
- A holder of university degree in logistics or mathematics or statistics, or experience equivalent to the same knowledge level.
- Good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communication
- A very good level of English, oral and written
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel)
- Logistics experience is a plus
In Service Market Logistics, we work actively to promote diversity of knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality.
We believe that diversity and inclusiveness can increase work dynamics, encourage creativity and increase new and futuristic ideas.
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees: apply!
Volvo Group Trucks Operations regroupe la production de tous les moteurs et de toutes les transmissions du groupe, ainsi que toute la production des véhicules Volvo, Renault et Mack. L'organisation est responsable de la fourniture de pièces de rechange aux clients du groupe, ainsi que de la conception, l'utilisation et l'optimisation de la chaîne logistique et d'approvisionnement pour l'ensemble des marques, sites de production et centres de distribution où le groupe Volvo intervient. Au sein de Volvo Group Trucks Operations, vous faites partie d'une équipe diversifiée de professionnels hautement qualifiés qui travaillent avec passion, se font mutuellement confiance et sont ouverts au changement pour garder une longueur d'avance. Nous faisons gagner nos clients.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.