Co-op: Manufacturing Eng / Technical Prep Eng. (Spring 2020)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manufacturing Engineering department with limited assignments of specific manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering tasks. Emphasis will be toward design for assembly in new product introduction on the CAB area (BIW, Vehicle Front, Exterior, Interior, and Living).
- Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
- Assists experienced Manufacturing Engineers in implementation of product changes into the production facilities
- Performs Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering tasks using established procedures
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong writing or communication skills
- Applicants must be undergraduate students currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Engineering; no work experience required and have at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of their co-op.
- Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to travel frequently to the manufacturing plants
- Personal Qualifications
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.