Intern: Embedded Software Application Engineer (Summer 2020)
In the Embedded Software Group we are transforming truck technology at high speed with leading edge technology and techniques. We deliver driver electronic embedded device solutions such as instrument clusters, body comfort systems, cameras, secondary information displays and also connectivity solutions, android systems, apps.
Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services like driver assistance and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Our android based service and entertainment system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field.
The development in the area of driver electronics and vehicle connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for potential and prospective candidates for internship. This program offers a great learning environment combined with hands-on work experience which will complement your academic knowledge while spending time with smart and fun loving colleagues.
What will you do?
- You will work on leading edge hands on development projects guided by experienced colleagues, giving you an opportunity to learn about our development processes, be part of solving real problems, get answers to a lot of questions.
- Work on your own project which will support our ongoing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Learn about truck functionalities and understand how a truck is different from a passenger car.
- Visit factories and see how trucks are built.
- Network with a lot of professionals from other functions and get career guidance.
- Great opportunity to enhance your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills by working with people from highly diverse backgrounds.
- Must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer science/ Automotive /Robotics engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Has strong engineering basics and fundamentals
- Experience with any programming language ( graphical or script based) – coding and software design
- Project experience involving design of electronics systems preferably utilizing Micro-controllers, sensors, actuators, communication modules to solve a real life problem.
- Innovative and think out of the box.
- Familiar with Microsoft office products.
- Ability to gather, analyze and present scientific information;
- Team player and ability to lead with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willing to work up to 40 hours per week for the full program duration;
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0;
- Valid US Work authorization;
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.