Apprenticeship BAC+4/5 Commodity/Project Buyer (H/F)
Within the Base Engine, Fluid Management EU department, we are looking for 1 Apprenticeship Commodity/Project buyer.
This part-time apprenticeship one-year mission will start September 1st 2019 and be based in Lyon (France). Duration and modalities could be adjusted based on your school’s constraints.
As Commodity / Project Buyer, you will be accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on their respective segments by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
Reactivity, customer-focus, target oriented, pro-activeness: take the opportunity to run your own business!
- Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Challenge, Negotiate, & Report changes after contract signature and ensure fulfilment of project targets
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with Supplier Quality & Delivery team
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…) with Supplier Host support when needed
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Financial analysis
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- Production & Supply chain
- Quality Management
- Legal Management
- Relevant process & system knowledge
Please submit your application in English
GTP strives to be a multicultural and global organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity.
For further information, please contact:
Nicolas Del Nicolas.Del@volvo.com
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 95% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.