Co-op: Electrical Engineering (Spring 2020)
We are now looking for potential and prospective candidates for our student experience program. This program offers a great learning environment combined with hands-on work experience which will complement your academic knowledge while spending time with smart and fun loving colleagues.
What will you do?
- You will work on leading edge, hands-on development projects guided by experienced colleagues, giving you an opportunity to learn about our technology, be a part of solving real problems and get answers to a lot of questions
- Work on your own project which will support our ongoing continuous improvement initiatives
- Learn about truck functionalities and understand how a truck is different from a passenger car
- Visit our factories and see how trucks are built
- Network with a lot of professionals from other functions and get career guidance
- This is a great opportunity to enhance your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills by working with people from highly diverse backgrounds
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Automotive or Robotics engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Ideal candidates possess strong engineering fundamentals, are innovative and think out of the box
- Have project experience involving design of electronics systems and software, preferably utilizing micro-controllers, sensors, actuators or communication modules to solve a real life problem
- Able to gather, analyze and present scientific information
- A team player able to lead with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office products
- Possess a valid US Work authorization
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.