Provide an excellent service supplying HGV parts to customers both over the counter and by telephone, as well as issuing the correct parts orders for HGV Technicians who are carrying out repair and maintenance to vehicles in the workshop.
- Receiving deliveries, mark off and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged systems.
- Locating and label parts and maintain inventory of stock.
- Regular inventory stock counts.
- Consistently maintaining a good standard of housekeeping in the Parts Department.
- Report stock shortages to parts supervisor.
- Produce parts quotations for internal/external customers.
- Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Supervisor.
- Ensuring procedures are properly carried out for the ordering and receipt of goods.
- Ensuring that credits are properly and accurately raised for goods returned.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- Discuss the use and features of various parts with customers, based on knowledge of trucks and buses.
- Accurately compile parts from job cards for repairs being carried out in the workshop.
- Feedback all information about competitors to Parts Supervisor.
- Proactively selling parts and promotions to customers.
- To work with Parts Supervisor to achieve their maximum competency level.
- Special projects as required.
- Pick up and deliver parts on occasion.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Able to identify different parts using catalogues and systems.
- Numerical ability to be able to work with part numbers.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally with people inside the organisation as well as external customers.
- Selling/influencing others to buy additional parts.
- Documenting/recording information.
- To be able to competently use GDS and associated software & systems.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and approachable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances / priorities.
- Commercial awareness.
- Team orientated.
Required knowledge & experience:
- O’ Level or GCSE Maths and English
- 2 years’ experience in customer facing position
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook applications & general computer literacy.
- Basic working knowledge of Vehicle Technology.
- To be at all times a team player.
- To have a flexible approach to work commitments at all times.
- To be open and honest at all times.
- To be dedicated to helping customers.
- To possess the highest standards of integrity
- To be at all times supportive of colleagues particularly within the Dealer Volvo Truck and Bus Centre North & Scotland
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.