Mission/Purpose of the Job
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall supply chain management process for our GTO PTP Remanufacturing – Charlotte plant.
The goal of this position is to manage the entire E2E cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
The Logistics Manager’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to organizing and monitoring storage, production support and distribution of goods.
Secure SQDCEP KPI deployments / accountability following VPS (Volvo Production System) concept from a strategic, tactical & analytical and Operational level in the organization.
- Developing, Analyzing and Following-up with Logistic KPI reports, supporting continuous improvements in demand planning, internal logistics and inventory management.
- Working pro-actively to support implementation of best-in-class logistic processes and tools to ensure optimal E2E Process and inventory levels.
- Organizing, facilitating and preparing production monthly planning meetings and reports to Global Network.
- Consolidating and analyzing production forecast demand plans & capacity according to defined guidelines.
- To create monthly logistic KPI reports for Business Review meetings.
- Responsible for securing capacity and coordinate/balance slots between all departments.
- Working actively to improve delivery precision, backlogs and pro-actively secure volume forecast quality.
- Pro-actively taking actions to improve logistics processes to decrease lead time, inventory management & accuracy levels, cycle counting, backlog, and logistics cost.
- Supporting sales yearly long term volume process for consolidation of data and reports.
- Supporting and participating or leading relevant Product / Industrial project introductions supporting phase-in/out planning.
- Secure robust interface and production set-up for kitting operations, repackaging and relevant required process;
- Secure a proactive core logistics interface with Core management Team.
- Secure outstanding material management & material handler process to support the production process – inbound up to outbound.
- S&OP & S&OE process owner in behalf of the factory.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proactive with an ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Strong WCM experience in logistics.
- Target and result driven.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Coaching, Delegation, Directing, Empowering, Fostering Diversity, People Development, Inspiring Leadership & Mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree programs in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Manufacturing Engineering degree a plus.
- CPIM certificate is a plus.
- EPA understanding is a plus.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years manager experience.
- Minimum 3 year logistic WCM experience.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Special safety equipment required within primary work area.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.