Intern: Macro Developer (Fall 2019)
Develop systems, tools, and macros around current and planned processes. These projects will make use of VBA and VB.NET to deliver a user friendly interface for extracting and logging data. The use of Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is necessary for automation and data manipulation.
- This Fall Internship requires 30 hours/week
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and macros. Heavy documentation has been provided by the previous programmer to assist with this responsibility
- Develop interfaces for departmental SharePoint sites
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is required
- Proficiency with the following programming languages:
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Familiarity with web design concepts and best practices
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree in Computer Science, Software or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the Internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E./M/F/D/V
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.