Competence/ Technical Trainer
VGA has a rare opportunity for an experienced and motivated Trainer / Competence Coach to join our highly dedicated Learning and Development team. This is a vital role that requires you to develop the value of Learning and Development across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific Islands. You will be responsible for planning and conducting training programmes to meet Volvo Groups objective: “To be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world”.
We are committed to best-practice and making changes that ensure outstanding commercial results and exceptional outcomes for our people. Therefore, to be successful in this role you must have a strong commitment to team work and hold a passion for the Volvo Group product range. If you are seeking a challenge, and have the drive to deliver then we want to hear from you.
About the role:
- Keep up-to-date with all new products and procedures for Australia/NZ/South Pacific Islands to ensure a high level of expertise
- Design and implement appropriate global Learning & Development programs to safeguard that new products will be supported in line with customer expectations
- Update and maintain necessary training material
- Deliver professional training to areas of our business.
- Provide necessary reports to comply with Competence Development KPI’s.
- Assist in the developing a Competence Development Training Programme that can be fulfilled and rolled out quarterly.
- Be responsible for all Truck/Bus training equipment, ensuring proper maintenance is performed regularly.
- Assist in the development and operation of the Regional Training Centres across Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands.
- Trade qualified as heavy vehicle mechanic
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a trade or a sufficient mix of trade / commercial experience
- Qualified as Trainer & Assessor (Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment) or willingness to obtain
- A strong knowledge of Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus products
- Proven ability to present to a group confidently
- A consultative approach to teams and project management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Great interpersonal skills with proven ability to maintain strong relationships
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong initiative and problem solving
- Regular travel will be required.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Above statutory superannuation payments.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and friendly team culture focused on quality and service.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
- Workplace Giving Program.
- Onsite cafe at our brand new head office.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.