Intern: Robotics and Automated Guided Vehicles (Fall 2019)
The purpose of this position is to assist in the investigation and implementation of AGV’s & Collaborative Robotics in a manufacturing environment.
Assignment will begin in August 2019 and continue through December 2019 up to 30 hrs./week.
- Creative assignments to support local and global business objectives
- Active participation in the research and investigation of advanced manufacturing applications
- Assist experienced personnel in the complete process of technological advancement
- Participate in training and development to support advanced manufacturing concepts
- Learn the processes, ways of working, and environment involved in the implementation of advanced manufacturing technology for a global company
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote to a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
- Computer Programming Skills: C++/C/Python/VBA
- Mechanically inclined: knowledge of tooling.
- Strong writing , communication and presentation skills
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Student should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Availability for light travel
- Adaptability to new situations
- Can work independently and with a team
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.