Intern: Mechanical Engineer CAB Exterior (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our CAB Exterior team as Intern – Mechanical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of CAB engineering. As a valued member of the CAB Exterior team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering, design, purchasing and other groups. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the automotive industry. This position will report to the group manager for CAB Exterior.
- Solve real world engineering problems involving the design, testing and/or manufacturing of vehicle exterior parts and systems
- Manage and administrate design solutions and ideas through a cross-functional network of people and processes in a fast paced environment
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong interest in Automotive/Trucking industry
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Interns are required work 30 hours or less per week from August 19, 2019 through December 13, 2019 and must be enrolled in academic courses during the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.