Intern: Paint Technical Engineer (Fall 2019)
The intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through interaction with engineering professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Engineering professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and the Volvo New River Valley Plant.
This role will start in August 2019 and run through December 2019 as a part time intern position with a target of no more than 30 hours per week.
- The position will work with paint operations and the paint technical team to improve techniques and processes .
- The position will help develop process controls at each station, collect data and help optimize manufacturing practices.
- The position will give the student opportunities to learn and apply lean manufacturing principals within the Paint Department.
- The student needs to have intermediate MS Excel skills for data analysis and creating graphs.
- The student may need to create MS Power Point presentations for communication of new project ideas and reports.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Robotic paint experience / knowledge is a plus but not required
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of MS Excel and statistical analysis calculations
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.