Co-op: Mechanical Engineering- Manual Testing (Fall 2019)
- Analyzing the Requirements
- Participating in preparing Test Plans
- Preparing Test Scenarios
- Preparing Test Cases for module, integration and system testing
- Preparing Test Data’s for the test cases
- Preparing Test Environment to execute the test cases
- Analyzing the Test Cases prepared by other team members
- Executing the Test Cases
- Defect Tracking
- Giving mandatory information of a defect to developers in order to fix it
- Preparing Summary Reports
- Strong documentation bias – you will be managing and documenting the entire validation process. The documentation produced must comply with both internal SOPs and externals regulations
- Attention to detail – it is vital that validation engineers pay attention to every test result and measurement, noticing when something isn’t quite right
- Analytical thinking – as well as identifying when there is an issue, part of the role can be to suggest why there might be an issue and potential fixes
- Enthusiasm for working in a team – validation of equipment systems is a team activity and you will need good verbal and listening skills to share information amongst the team members
- Good written communication skills – report and protocol writing is an essential part of the job
- Preference for a structured approach to working – your work will impact others in the overall Validation team as there will be many documents that require sharing and signing with multiple team members
- Mathematics – gathering, interpreting and reporting on numbers is a significant part of the role
- Computer skills – there is a lot of organisation and interpretation of data required, Basic computer skills are essential
- Time management – there is a timeline of testing that needs to be followed
- Initiative – validation engineers need to be able to think on their feet and come up with new and inventive ways to challenge the processes and fix problems
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical or Automotive engineering or any related degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills ( listed above)
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.