Co-op: Manufacturing Engineer (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a number of students to work with our production teams as a Manufacturing Engineering co-op. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of our team within GTO, you will have the opportunity to work directly on production focusing on increasing efficiency and quality while utilizing your engineering education and continuous improvement mindset. GTO’s goal is to contribute to your development, as well as providing an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
- Add value to the organization while practicing technical skills and engineering mindset
- Drive lean methodology
- Data Analysis and Quality Improvement
- Data analysis focus on standards and repeatability
- Quality and production process review and improvements
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and identify opportunities on your own to implement
- Participate in project planning, implementation and improvements
- Works with the production teams to reduce non-value add activities
- Assist with Plant Summer Shutdown planning activities
- Designing tools & fixtures to support production
- Assist with methods builds & mock ups of new parts offline
- Help stabilize the new line balance in stations with new work content
- Assist in follow-up, reports and flow charts.
- Participate in functional meetings.
- Good attitude & continuous improvement mindset are critical to performing daily activities in this engineering role
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Engineering Degree. Preferred specializations are Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.