Associate Verification Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging engineering role in an organization that values new ideas and mentors new employees in our products? At the Volvo Group we listen to our employees and encourage them to apply their fresh ideas and industry experience to create innovative solutions for our customers. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross-functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions they create, then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity department delivers all electrical features on Volvo and Mack trucks in the North American market and exports models globally. The System Team focuses on securing that the quality of the developed, and deployed, solution meets the demands stated in requirements and acceptance criteria. The unique combination of analytical and technical skills, together with understanding of the business requirements, and domain knowledge, allows the System Team to verify the quality of the electrical and electronic solutions used in our products.
We want to make a difference by being there for our colleagues and our customers and by providing high quality and reliable products. All over the world. Every day. You will work with a diverse and passionate team who value a culture of learning and mentoring. You will have a chance to work hands on with solutions under development and apply your skills to deliver only the highest quality to our customers.
The Framework Testing Engineer measures and assesses the physical performance of on-vehicle networks and power systems and wiring at key nodes and locations on the vehicle.
- Develop test plan to cover applicable nodes and locations based on vehicle design documents
- Analyze impact of design changes and need for further testing
- Connect and operate the relevant test instrumentation such as Bus Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and data loggers
- Capture and analyze test data for compliance with relevant technical requirements
- Publish testing results in applicable system
- Participate in quality activities as subject matter expert for relevant technical areas
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Experience with automotive electronics, sensors, actuators, embedded devices
- Experience with communication protocols like LIN, CAN, J1587
- Familiarity with power distribution networks, grounding methods, and vehicle charging systems
- Hands on experience with electronic test instrumentation including oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, and data loggers
- General knowledge of Volvo development process preferred
- Leadership competencies: Customer focus, decision quality, collaborates, values differences, action oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.