Co-op: Cab Driving (Fall 2019)
Being a team member in Driver Environment means a great opportunity to work and learn from across a number of different disciplines and components in the heavy truck product. Engineers in this group can be product owners to research, design and develop components and systems for one or more areas such as Steering and controls, Cab Climate systems, Seats and Seatbelts, Instrument panels, and Door Panels. The chance to develop skills and grow is unlimited, some of the main areas are Design of plastics, metals, Human factors engineering like, Driver comfort – HMI, ergonomics and climate comfort, Research new features and product application in the above systems. Our group also provides career exploration of developing into Component owners, system specialists, project managers, feature leaders and cab area architects.
If you are interested in these exciting opportunities, we are looking for a Co-op who is willing to work with our finest engineers to develop systems and components in the Cab interior Driving area to learn Designing components, leading cross functional teams and verification and validation of parts and systems.
Co-op Education, Experience, and Program Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (graduate degree preferred) in Engineering, or related field, at an accredited school, and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- CAD modeling in any systems
- Working with Microsoft office products to plan project, prepare presentation, enter and analyze data
- Basic material and Mechanics skills is required
- Ability to be innovative and have the acumen to implement changes
- Understand Quality tools in designing products
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Be able to work independently as well as take direction and work within established strategic and business guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong presentation, negotiation and communication skills; and effective time management skills
- Problem-Solving/Decision-Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Ownership/Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.