Color material and finish ( CMF ) Designer, Mack
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Product Design is a global organization of design excellence that creates superior customer value by designing appealing products with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. Product Design’s expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Ageo, Gothenburg, Greensboro and Lyon.
You will lead all aspect of the CMF design process, from trend research, analysis and forecast to creation and development of CMF strategy, and execution of final color, materials, and finishes for production.
With a user centric focus you research, analyze from material innovation, competitive markets, cultural trends, to consumer research and human factors opportunities.
You are an expert in developing design solutions with clear product message and distinct brand identity that meets the project prerequisites, understanding and aligning business strategies with product strategies.
While collaborating with cross functional teams as an expert on CMF strategy, you ensure successful alignment between product message and brand identity.
Working with global suppliers, you ensure successful and impactful implementation of CMF into production.
You are a self-starter and thrive in a team environment with exceptional visual and communication skills.
- Develop and design surface materials (graphics, colour, trims, textiles and grains) for visible surfaces and parts through sketches, 2D or 3D images. (e.g. exterior and interior form)
- Visualise new CMF design solutions and strategies for product lines
- Develop timely project decision materials
- Support the Design Quality Manager to secure the correct product quality of the output from the Product Design Process in due time
- Initiate the development of master samples and secure the right quality level on the intended surface materials
- Lead the development of CMF strategy for 3D digital and physical models
- Continuously develop knowledge about the industry, applications and the customer’s needs
- Demonstrate unique and innovative solutions that push boundaries yet are producible with high levels of quality
- Demonstrate skills in time management, organization, planning, visualization, and working in a team-oriented environment required
- Create innovative and impactful designs with user centric focus
- Effectively communicate design vision for product and brand experience
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or BA or BFA required, Masters preferred
- 3 years of industrial and or Product design experience as CMF designer
- Automotive/transport experience is a merit
- Customer and application knowledge
- Problem solving skills, generate and evaluate alternative solutions
- Resilience, effectively under pressure, remain optimistic and persistent
- Creativity / Innovation, develop new insights into new ideas and innovations
- Flexibility, open to change and adapts to new information
- Interpersonal skills, courtesy, sensitivity, and respect
- Integrity/Honesty, high standards of ethics
- Proven aesthetic, visual and ideation skills
- Excellent presentation and visual communication skills
- Demonstrate skills in time management and planning
- Understanding of brand design strategies
- Market and competitor understanding
- Proficient in Adobe Suit tools (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Suit tools (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel) 3D rendering program, Key shot
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.