Engineer HPC for CAE / Autonomous Drive (AD) and Data Analytics
We are also responsible for managing IT-solutions that are supporting the DVP (Develop Products) process in other truck divisions and business areas.
GTT P&IT Support Products & Projects function organizes and manages Regional Centre’s and Sites for Local Process Management, Implementation and Change within DVP, including Site Coordination and Test, Lab, CAE and RnD support.
To meet the objectives and in order to drive changes and improvements in a consistent way we are looking for an Engineer HPC for CAE / Autonomous Drive (AD) and Data Analytics (DA) IT Infrastructure to join our team on this exciting journey.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
You will play an important part in enabling our R&D organization to evolve in the ways of working with HPC. Your main focus will be securing operations and easy access to the AI / CAE platform with hardware and infrastructure frameworks in order to enable “simulation-driven” product development.
In order to be successful in this position you need to have experience from IT-infrastructure setup such as databases, storage, high-performance computing clusters, Big Data platforms, and various interfaces for CAE / AI tools and applications.
You are driven to deliver according to set targets and agreed time frames and have good ability to work both in project teams as well as individually.
- Design, development, continuously refine and improve of CAE / VA platforms and systems
- Provide an accessible interface for AD / DA purposes
- Be a trusted advisor in discussions with GTT internal stakeholders, Group IT and other suppliers of HPC platforms and tools
- This role requires a Master or Bachelor’s University degree in computer science or related area
- Good understanding and working experience of CAE HPC approaches, industry standards and industry best practices for HPC, Parallel computing, Data Management, Distributed systems SW dev (MPI/OpenMP, CUDA)
- Strong Linux/Unix CLI-fu, scripting
- Good knowledge in shell scripting, Python, Linux and equivalents is a merit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience from the automotive R&D
Mohammad El-Alti, GTT Process & IT, Phone +46 73 902 60 89
Niklas Wermelin, HR Business Partner, Phone +46 31 3228726
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.