Intern: Group Trucks Purchasing (Summer 2020)
- Manage activities related to supplier relationships (meetings, documents, feedback, etc.)
- Support the buyers, purchasing manager, supplier quality engineers and project managers in their day-to-day activities
- Analyze key components of the supply chain (suppliers, processes and spend, etc.)
- Perform purchasing and sourcing activities, such as RFI’s (Request For Information), and RFQ’s (Request For Quotation)
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
- Business Controls
- Business Office & Communications
- Indirect Products and Services
- Innovation & Technology
- Powertrain Purchasing
- Project Management
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Technology & Supplier Evaluation
- Uptime and Adaptation
- Vehicle Purchasing
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree. All fields are welcome to apply, as purchasing is diverse, and different perspectives are essential for success. The degree must be at an accredited school and the applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical skills
- Ability to process information
- Business case development
- Project management
- Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative
- Team interaction
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.