Buyer - Uptime Purchasing
- Perform purchasing activities related to service parts orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Drive negotiations in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements)
- Follow-up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- Reduce current costs while maintaining delivery and quality standards for commodities
- Effectively manage assigned commodities in support of the brands and business plans using development and sourcing processes to achieve established goals
- Provide NA market input as member of sourcing team as needed and continuously assess the business climate and conditions affecting assigned supplier base
- Provide appropriate purchasing support to internal and external customers
- Responsible for the development of existing and potential suppliers
- Contribute to the development of strategies
- Ensure collaboration with production commodity and project purchasing
- Proactive work on supplier risk mitigation and crisis management
- Provide accurate Estimated Time Arrival for critical parts
- Find creative solutions / alternative suppliers to solve parts availability issues to VOR – Vehicle Off Road
- This position reports directly to the Manager Uptime Purchasing NA
- Innovation for Customer success: Ability to be curious, to be innovative and find smart ways to create new solutions and business
- Accountability: Ability to take full responsibility of the results of own job and overall impact, being able to see the bigger picture
- Collaboration & Organizational agility: Ability to be open-minded, share knowledge and support. Encourage collaboration, gain support and solve problem with peers and stakeholders
- Communication & Influencing: Ability to involve, explain, listen, argue, reformulate and answer, in a transparent way with respect for the individual
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to always search for ways to improve, seeking for problem-solving, analyzing both successes and failures, aiming at better efficiency
- Delivering customer value: Ability to be action-oriented and deliver customers value and results
- Communication: Ability to build a clear and structured document adapted to relevant targeted audiences. Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain: Understand related supplier manufacturing process flow and steps, controls, tooling and supply chain set-up. Able to run active shop floor visits with waste elimination mindset. Proactively work with supplier capacity assessment and delivery risk management
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to prepare and execute negotiations
- Technology: Understand technical documentation and engineering language. Understand the base technology and production methods
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business-related concentration with 3+ years of demonstrated pertinent experience
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.