Intern: Digital Engagement (Fall 2019)
This intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group.
Responsibilities / Main Tasks / Targets
We are seeking a student who is interested in working with Volvo Group digital platforms (including social media) and also possesses writing capabilities in order to support the aftermarket marketing team. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop weekly social media content calendars for Road Choice brand
- Cultivate a brand following through and boost brand visibility
- Create engaging content for blogs, social media, and more
- Begin building a community by engaging with and following appropriate accounts
- Assist with writing and distributing press releases
- Manage formatting and distribution of dealer facing bulletins via communication portal
- Provide support to the marketing team as needed
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
- Ability to tailor communication style based on the platform and audience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of professional Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube accounts, including advertising opportunities
- Experience with social media analytics, such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and/or Canva preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of social management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Business, Marketing, or English degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.