Continuous Improvement Coach
Main goal of the position
Provide leadership and direction to drive the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles throughout all operations and processes. Coordinate the development and implementation of the Volvo Production System that supports meeting stated business objectives for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale.
- Continuously develop, review and standardize production system tools and methods in close cooperation with all leaders. You will install and coordinate cross functional teams for that purpose
- Maintain / Develop training material. Organize training sessions and workshops for all levels in the organization
- Develop and coordinate implementation plans (roadmap) with management based on an agreed priority list.Organize frequent follow up meetings
- Create and maintain a set of indicators to monitor the progress of the lean activities
- Drive continuous improvement -, kaizen- and problem solving activities
- Coordinate internal assessments and external audits in cooperation with the global VPS team and local management
- Participate in global meetings and build a network in and outside the company to share best practice
- You will report to the CDC Gent Director
- Actively work and network with global & regional CI teams to implement an ambitious Continuous Improvement road map.
- Measure & follow KPI’s for CI in connection with Roadmap.
- Ensure that all teams have clearly formulated and agreed improvement plans which are aligned with CDC Gent business plan and strategy.
- Measure & follow KPI’s quality in connection with Roadmap and set targets.
- Master degree, or equal by several years of experience
- Several years of experience in Lean Management
- You have successful experiences from manufacturing or logistics
- You’re a strong communicant with good influencing skills. You’re able to create trustful relations
- You have a strong understanding of business challenges
- You hold strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity
- You are fluent in English & Dutch
- Inspiring and diplomatic leader
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills / Problem Solving focus
- Persevere in execution
- Conceptual thinking
- People skills
- Planning and organization
- Take ownership, be accountable and facilitate change
- Strive to perfection, attention to detail
- Coaching teams to higher levels
- A challenging & ever-changing job within the biggest warehouse of the Volvo Group
- Working in a dynamic and global environment with focus on continuous improvement, lean management and automatisation
- The possibility to learn and develop yourself to an expert role
- A value driven company with focus on people, passion, customer and results
- Close cooperation with all levels of colleagues and stakeholders
- A competitive salary with a lot of extralegal benefits
- Flexible working hours
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.