Data Scientist with passion for AI
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions, we strive to make the most of the +900 000 connected Volvo Group assets worldwide, and have established a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Advanced Analytics & AI with the purpose of unleashing the value of the data we collect. We constantly strive to optimize our operations, as well as generating new value for our customers, by applying new and advanced analysis techniques.
As Data Scientist in the CoE team, your main responsibility is to use your scientific knowledge and engineering skills to analyze large amounts of complex data, create models that can be applied to challenging problems, develop new algorithms and leverage machine learning techniques to address the needs of the Volvo Group. The aim is to create valuable insights and new business opportunities, and to communicate them effectively to colleagues and collaborators. You will work in diverse projects, closely together with teams within Volvo Group Connected Solutions as well as across the Volvo Group. The role requires an open mindset and the passion to deliver great results every time.
The position reports to the Director of Advanced Analytics & AI and you will work together with a dream team of highly skilled Analytics Managers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
As Data Scientist, your key responsibilities are:
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing, machine learning and AI techniques
- Participate in projects as part of an Advanced Analytics team, or perform analysis independently
- Develop and evaluate data processing/analysis pipelines, from data preparation to final presentation of results
- Develop the skills and understanding to get the most out of the different data sources in the Volvo Group data landscape
- Take an active role in the process of data-driven idea generation, implementation and deployment
- Participate in collaboration with functions within the Volvo Group as well as external partners, both large multinationals and start-ups, with the purpose of exploring new opportunities for the Volvo Group
To qualify for this role:
- You have earned an advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or a related area
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex challenges, and are capable of tackling loosely defined problems
- You understand and can apply different regression, classification, clustering, association rule and dimensionality reduction methods, such as Decision Trees and Random Forests, SVMs with different kernels, Naïve Bayes and Bayesian Networks, kNN, PCA, t-SNE, etc.
- You are a communicative person that enjoys working in a team and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Coding skills (such as Python, R, Matlab, Java, and/or Scala)
- Analytics tools familiarity (such as Pandas, Spark, Hadoop, SPSS, SAS)
- Data access (e.g., SQL, CSV files) and collaborative work (e.g., git)
- Experience performing analysis with large real-world datasets (i.e. Big Data)
- An ability to present and visualize data and analytics results to your peers or other experts in the field
- Experience with visualization tools such as Qliksense , Power BI or Kibana is considered a plus
- Humor; because, in the end, working in the CoE team should be fun
You have a Master’s or Doctor’s degree as the basis for your career and are fluent in English. Business experience is a merit, and the successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and a great persona.
Location & Timeline
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Occasional travel is expected.
For more information please contact:
Robert Valton, Director CoE Advanced Analytics, +46 31 322 76 14
Adam Stahl, Senior Data Scientist, +46 765 53 68 23
Lina Gerlam, HR Business Partner, +46 31 322 82 01
Connected Solutions is a global organization that develops and delivers the Volvo Group’s connected solutions. Connected Solutions provide an arena for new service innovation together with customers, partners and all the Business Areas within the Volvo Group. By supporting our customers to improve their business we enable new business opportunities for the Volvo Group. Our way of working shortens time to market for connected services and solutions. We work close to our customers and understand their challenges. We deliver high quality with speed, through our capability to explore, implement and scale up.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.