Do you feel you could be responsible for developing & maintaining existing vehicle components and mounting systems?
Chassis Equipment includes Fuel Systems, Exhaust Systems, DEF Systems, Battery/Power Systems, Steps, Back-of-Cab Access, Quarter Fenders, Mudflap Mounts, and the various transport adaptations (Fifth Wheels, Pintle Hitch, Etc).
From developing more fuel efficient diesel trucks to cleaner CNG and even all-electric transport solution - our department is involved in delivering engineering solutions that meet the needs of our customers, manufacturing facilities, and aftermarket service.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Chassis Engineering is a highly skilled team in charge of the development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis. We use common architecture and shared technology as our base and we optimize our solutions to meet our customers’ needs. The core of our group have grown to trust each other and we welcome new members to be part of our team.
This position will report to the Chassis Equipment Group Manager.
- Serve as an engineer in the chassis area requiring some direction and supervision
- Utilize demonstrated engineering and develop projects within an area of assignment
- Develop engineering and component design documentation
- Complete work requirements to Corporate Standards
- Propose the proper methods of design required to complete any new assignment
- Assure compliance with all applicable regulations relating to his/her area of responsibility
- Utilize theoretical knowledge in kinematics, vibrations and durability to develop chassis systems
- Utilize Advanced Calculation groups’ expertise (FEA, Modal Analysis, etc…) in development process
- Interface with component suppliers to determine the most effective and economical materials to be used in product systems and components
- Generates technical solutions for current, new and major programs
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with internal customers, engineering departments, suppliers
- Support product Launch activity
- Perform other duties, tasks & responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo goals and objectives
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree preferred
- At least 6 months of engineering experience including co-op/internship, preferred
- Knowledge of basic CAD system (PTC Creo preferable)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes & an understanding of the needs of vehicle service
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Ability to work in global environment with challenging workload
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.