Project Manager - Electrical Engineering
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver electrical engineering solutions for start cost projects.
- Accountable for all aspects of the project and for the consequences of actions taken within his/her area of responsibility
- Ensure that the deliverables from the Vehicle Electrical Engineering departments meet agreed upon QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Product/ Project Cost, and Feature) targets for affected start cost projects.
- Work directly with the resource owners within the line organization to define the deliverables from their respective groups and secures the necessary resources to achieve agreed upon objectives, supplies budget estimates as requested.
- Work with counterparts from manufacturing, aftermarket, sales, and purchasing to ensure that projects are properly coordinated.
- Periodically and objectively report the status of all activities within the start cost projects.
- Ensure that clear requirements and deliverables are established for each activity that the department undertakes according to defined processes
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrate knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields
- Leadership Competencies: Ability to lead a team of engineers via technical coaching, decision making on concept, technical feasibility and technical problem resolution
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems A relentless and versatile learner. Welcomes change, analyses both successes and failures for contagious improvement
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish, persevere especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Action oriented: Gets things done, approaches tasks with end goal in mind and sty focus to completion
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.