Parts Product and Logistics Planner
Our Parts & Accessories Operations supports the engine segment aftermarket demands with parts planning, repair and diagnostic development, service communication, and training.
We are now looking for a Parts Product and Logistics Planner to complete our Parts & Accessories team in Chesapeake, Virginia.
As a Parts Product & Logistics Planner, you will be accountable for gasoline parts planning and logistics to support new and existing products. You will also act as a liaison between various departments—Engineering, Service, Marketing, Parts, Warranty, and external customers—to continuously develop a viable and comprehensive Parts & Accessories program. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the development of the Parts & Accessories program to ensure the continued support of non-current products in accordance with Volvo Penta corporate policies while limiting the proliferation of the number of spare parts.
- Coordinating and trouble-shooting logistics-related details to ensure timely delivery of parts and accessories. You will also work with warehousing staff to ensure timely shipment of parts and accessories.
- Continuously reviewing and analyzing Production and Engineering bills of Material and other data to update the Parts and Accessories product structure.
- Coordinating, identifying, and developing the service parts structure needed to support products received and consumed by production as assemblies (e.g. internal engine components).
- Maintaining the parts item master and parts structures in the various parts systems and coordinating with the Technical Literature department to ensure the timely development of parts related technical literature.
- Serving as Parts Product Development Specialist and representing the Parts Group on a Gasoline Quality Action Committee. You will also support parts orders, engine orders, parts help and customer support with all parts-related issues.
- Analyzing monthly parts warranty information and working with engineering to insure quality actions as being taken to reduce parts warranty cost.
Are you an organized go-getter?
We are committed to our customers and the success of Volvo Penta. In this position, you will work with a high-performing and customer-focused team. To be successful in this role, you will need to have parts and/or service background from automotive or marine industries. You will also need to be very organized, like to learn on-the-fly, and have a lot of computer savvy! As we are a truly global and diverse organization, you will need to be fluent in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external customers both in the United States and in Sweden.
This position requires a higher level of education and we’re looking for someone who has a Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field, and a minimum of 4-6 years of either marine and/or automotive parts or technical experience.
Are you ready to join a team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Parts Product & Logistics Planner with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.