Exhaust Aftertreatment System Simulation Engineer
We are now looking for an exhaust aftertreatment simulation engineer to further strengthen our virtual development capability.
As exhaust aftertreatment system simulation engineer in the EATS System Design and Simulation team you will be responsible for modelling and simulation of the kinematic and thermodynamic behaviour of exhaust aftertreatment components and systems. Models that you develop will be implemented in the engine and exhaust aftertreatment control software as an important contributor to achieving the challenging targets for exhaust emission legislation fulfilment.
Within Powertrain Engineering we are working according a system engineering process, which means a structured way to break down the customer requirements to the component level. Part of this assignment is to support the team within in the requirement definition process.
In this challenging role you will be working in a creative environment with advanced simulation tools and demanding thermodynamic problems. The simulation activities are organized in close coordination with testing and design, meaning that involvement in test activities for verification of simulation model results will be a natural part of the work. We also have frequent cooperation and interaction with other simulation teams within the Volvo Group as well as contacts with external partners such as suppliers and universities.
- Perform simulations of exhaust aftertreatment components and system kinetics and behaviour
- Develop models, methods and tools for exhaust aftertreatment system simulations
- Together with your colleagues drive the area of exhaust aftertreatment system analysis within Powertrain Engineering
- Present and document analysis results and conclusions, and give recommendations to the teams within the department
- Support your colleagues in the system engineering process deliveries
- PhD or MSc in chemical engineering, engineering physics or other relevant field
- Knowledge of exhaust aftertreatment and muffler systems
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines is considered an asset
- Experience from the automotive industry is considered a merit
- Experience from using simulation tools for exhaust aftertreatment system simulations
- Programming skills, primarily Matlab
- Analytical mindset
- Documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Fluent in English
For further information please contact:
Johan Törnberg, group manager, phone; +46 31 323 12 30
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.