Department Manager - Product & Project Office
The production plant in Köping is the transmission center within the Volvo Group Truck Operations, Powertrain Production. Our site is the “Center of Excellence” within the area of transmission solutions and today we are 1650 employees. We are now looking for our future department manager for Product & Project Office. We are after an outstanding leader, who is eager to develop and that really wants to win the world championships together with our team.
Background, responsibilities and qualifications
As a department manager for our Product & Project Office, you will report directly to our Director of Industrial Engineering and be a member of the Industrial Engineering Leadership Team. This role is a leadership position with approximately 20 direct reporting project and product managers. The department has a strong strategic focus connected to the plants depth of engagement and production capacity, as well as, stands on a solid process base with respect to project and product management. We target you that have the inner drive to take on such a job with the right knowledge, enthusiasm and engagement. We are seeking for a true star to grow.
- Full project and project portfolio responsibility
- Product control from a production perspective
- Process ownership from a project and product perspective
- Pillar ownership for Early Product Management and Early Equipment Management
- Relation with relevant internal and external partners
Within this role, you take the:
- Responsibility and accountability for your whole organization’s performance
- Responsibility for leading the organization towards continuous improvements over time
- Responsibility in engaging strongly for people development and making others reach their goals
- Responsibility in contributing fully to the cross-functional work that you participate in
As a suitable candidate, you should be inspired and motivated of what is described above. You will be the front-runner for your department and it is important that you can find alignment with top-level objectives. As a person, you need clear customer focus and business understanding. An ability of strategic thinking, as well as, a strong sense of urgency and high responsiveness is essential. Other qualities that we value are a structured way of working and a quality mindset, good communication and presentation skills, an analytical capacity and faced based approach.
Following qualifications are at your favor:
- A Industrial Engineering background, preferably with a relevant M.Sc. degree
- A project office management background
- Strong knowledge in project and project portfolio management
- Strong knowledge of project, product and production processes for creating proactivity, stability and increasing efficiency
- Experience in product management
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English, spoken and written
For more information please contact recruiting unit manager Per Hård af Segerstad, Director of Industrial Engineering +46 16 5418688 or Emelie Skälhammar, HR Business Partner +46221 414505. Selection of candidates will occur during the recruitment time, so do not wait with your application. We hope you feel strongly motivated for this job, we look forward to receive your application as soon as possible but no later than 19:th of May. Welcome aboard!
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.