Local IT Support Specialist
IOS is one of Group IT's units. Our main responsibilities are:
- Service Strategy & Planning: Define Volvo infrastructure strategic direction and related roadmaps, and steer IT infrastructure services transformations accordingly. Manage the Group Service Portfolio and drive the associated innovation.
- Project Portfolio Management: Manage the portfolio of IT infrastructure services projects and initiatives performed by Volvo or in collaboration with the suppliers, in order to achieve Volvo Strategic objectives.
- Demand management: Manage the relationship with all Volvo group entities, regarding IT Infrastructure services. Capture and manage business and SDUs requests and needs, with the objective to maximize the business value and business efficiency of IT services.
- Service Delivery Management: Ensure that all services deliveries are meeting agreed service levels.
- Onsite services: manage local demand and local deliveries of IT Infrastructure services., manage local TD/BA relationships/interface, drive local run-time quality improvement.
Onsite North is a regional function consisting of more than 140 employees and consultants in Sweden and Russia. This function is responsible for onsite deliveries in this region, working in close co-operation with other Group IT functions, Volvo Group TD/BAs and the partner for Infrastructure Services - HCL.
We can offer
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside IOS, delivering cutting edge services in line with the Volvo Group Strategy.
The resource will join the On Site Support team in Köping, as a Local IT Support Specialist. The team works closely with the production environment to make sure that the IT equipment in the factory is up and running.
Your primary work will consist of supporting and do preventive maintenance of the IT equipment in the local Volvo Plant. It is also to drive continuous improvements and innovation in order to help the factory with new technologies. All of our activities are carried out in close contact with our customer.
Some of the activities you will be working with and competence required:
- Configuration and installation of factory equipment
- Support and problem solving of factory equipment
- Work in projects and participate in project meetings driven by the customer or Group IT
- Work and drive Continuous improvements in the factory environment.
- Administrative work such as documentation, updates, quality work etc.
- Preventive maintenance
- Responsible for 2’nd line and final solution
- On Call included (outside office time)
- Prechecks included (outside office time)
- Problem Management
- Incident Management
- To work proactive and decision taking
- Experience from working with technical support in a production environment
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN communications (TCP/IP)
- Experience from working in projects
- Experience from working in customer contacts.
- Knowledge about IT equipment in factory environment
- Knowledge about Forklift PC hardware and software
- Good communication skills in English and Swedish, both spoken and written
- Easy to learn
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent skills in structured way of working and administrative work
- Service minded and customer-focused
- Able to see improvements
Office hours; 07:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday
Scheduled On Call included, outside office time
Prechecks included, outside office time
Driving license: B
Application screening will start as soon as possible, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
For further information please contact
Line Manager, Infrastructure & Onsite Services – North - Köping, Mirja Dimberg,
phone: +46-73-558 7611
Director, Infrastructure & Onsite Services - North, Åsa Eklund, phone: +46-73-558 5103
HR Business Partner, Maria Börjesson, phone: +46 31 3221030
Union representatives for Swedish applicants
Unionen – Tonny Vikström, +46 16 541 4601
Akademikerna – Karl Erbs, +46 16 541 5345
Target start date: 2019-09-02
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.