Regional Sales Manager Parts - Northeast
This position is responsible for the aftermarket parts sales activities for corporate accounts and within an established region. The territory will include both coach and transit customers. Responsibilities will include and not limited to sales growth, business development for competitive bids, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage parts sales activity in assigned region; assist in motivating branch employees to satisfy customers and gain sales
- Make regular visits to customer coach and transit accounts in region to sell new products and gain incremental sales
- Analyze what customers are not buying and identify opportunities for increased sales; strategize with sales management to develop programs and plans to gain sales, staying within specific expense budget in territory while increasing sales and margins
- Has the ability to develop sales techniques as well as build goals and make sales presentations in order to expand and maintain current and new accounts
- Ability to build effective working relationships and communicate at all levels within the organization
- Achieve sales and margin goals
- Establish excellent relationships with coach and transit customers within the respective sales region
- Establish relationships with all levels at transit authorities to include purchasing, inventory control, maintenance, operations and management
- Work with all levels of employees at Prevost & Nova Bus to ensure that the customer is satisfied
- Aggressively pursue conquest accounts to increase sales and market share; maintain and gain market share with existing customers
- Build solid long-term relationships with customers at all levels
- Must be able to manage an sales region of over 300 customers (Coach & Transit)
- Ability to analyze and develop strategies for sales growth and customer satisfaction
- Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must possess strong follow-up and negotiating skills
- Must be able to relate to people at all levels of an organization (from the mechanic to the company president)
- Ability to work proficiently with all programs within Microsoft office and SAP
- Ability to Travel weekly (approx. 70% of time)
- Occasional weekend work may be required (meetings & conventions)
- Strong sales skills, initiative, and ability to develop and implement existing and new sales programs and procedures
- Must possess market and product knowledge to effectively communicate within the customer base and team members
- Bilingualism (English/Spanish ) is beneficial
- Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to influence decision makers and build strategic relationships
- Must possess the ability to apply critical thinking when solving problems
- Ability to make independent decisions and be accountable for them
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- BA/BS in Business Management or a related field
- Sales training seminars/classes
- Parts sales experience in heavy duty truck or bus parts, or parts management experience in a bus garage
- Sound mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of bus industry & competitors’ products
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.