Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
- Develop programs to re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Accountable for researching, writing and updating Company EH&S policies and procedures, SOPs, permit applications and certifications and will be the main point of contact for EH&S agencies for compliance matters.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct employee EH&S orientations, Cal/OSHA, EPA, DOT, corporate, federal, state or local government mandatory trainings.
- Provide industry specific EH&S and FMCSA assistance and support to the Company and build effective relationships with the department management and the corporate network to ensure consistency of systems.
- Maintain and update safety policies to ensure safe work practices and equipment and incorporate policies in the training programs.
- Conduct EH&S risk, policy and procedure gap analysis;
- Perform EH&S and DOT assessments and audits, assist with corrective action plans and monitor progress for closure of identified actions or environment violations.
- Create reports for management review to provide overview of effectiveness and risks of the programs.
- Establish program procedures to conduct and analyze trends for root cause of accidents, near misses and injuries, with the goal to preventing or eliminate potential hazards and re-occurrences.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
- Coordinate and audit the compliance of deficiencies captured on internal inspection logs
- Maintain accurate records of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and or annual inspections, logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and update as necessary IIPP, HIPP, Emergency Response Plans and monitor site CERS, EH&S programs and procedures.
- Participate in equipment training, installation and or set-up to capture specific design elements that may impact safety, health, ergonomic and environmental training programs.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety role. Note: Alternatives may be accepted: Bachelor’s degree in EH&S related field + 3 yrs. experience, or Associates Degree in EH&S related field + 4 yrs. Experience.
- ASP or CSP certification highly desired.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including Cal/OSHA, Cal/EPA, DOT/FMCSA and nationally recognized EH&S standards and guidelines as required by the position.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Work, and PowerPoint).
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal skills
- Frequent and routine travel.
Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (e.g. language, mobility)
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
- Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 10lbs.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
- Will be exposed to noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
- Frequent Travel
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.