We have exciting opportunities for the right individuals at our currently under construction 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN.
The Team Lead reports to the Departmental Supervisor and is responsible for assisting the Supervisor with the oversight of the inbound product flow within the CDC as well as for securing the quality of all incoming goods, including the reverse logistics flow.
- Report on their specific areas at the daily OD/VPS meeting
- Take daily attendance
- Monitor team’s performance to ensure they meet daily goals
- Verify individual performance by using tracking systems
- Motivate team members to improve performance
- Maintenance of training skills matrix for team members
- Assist team members when issues arise (Quality, Tooling, Material, Restock, etc.)
- Identify individual shortcomings of team members and helping them through customized coaching
- Report team development and activities to immediate Supervisor
- Assist with root cause analysis and containment of opportunities
- Coordinate and implement continuous improvement ideas
- Completes other duties as assigned by management
- Follow up on delayed receipts
- Ensure the hot bin list is prioritized for put away
- Investigate any missed shipments to find root cause
- Assure coverage for the daily operations based on vacation or call-ins
- Monitor cut times to assure release times are met for all carriers
- Randomly review pack stations to verify conformance to best practices are adhered to
- Quickly resolve problems for your team
- Responsible for the training of the shipping team associates
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the area Supervisor or Manager
- Fill in for team absences
- Fill in for emergency absences
- Daily involvement in the operation
- Be competent in every team members’ job
- Coordinate and facilitate the training of new team members and temporary employees
- Leading and attending scheduled training programs
- Update OD/VPS metrics board daily
- Ensure standard operating procedure is in place and followed
- Ensure a lean and clean operation, using all of the OD/VPS tools (5S)
- Participate in any value stream mapping or cost deployment activities
- Required minimum 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a similar function in a logistics or distribution company
- Good COMMUNICATION skills and ability to work under minimal amount of supervision
- INITIATIVE & DRIVE: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- You are CUSTOMER FOCUSED
- Good ANALYTICAL skills and PROBLEM SOLVING attitude
- Good skills in working with MS Office programs, Word, Excel, Power Point Etc. and ability to learn new IT applications applicable for the role
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.