Feature Validation Engineer Driver Assistance
Feature Verification & Validation (FVV) Lyon is looking for a Feature Validation Engineer for Driver Assistance within the Driver Experience group.
This position is key to be able to cope with the coming challenges in the product development on our wide scope (Heavy Duty Renault Trucks & Multi-Purpose Vehicles Renault & Volvo trucks) and coming technologies / regulations (autonomous driving, vulnerable road user’s detection, advanced driving support systems…).
The Feature Validation Engineer in FVV is responsible to develop the needed methods to validate and verify the feature levels defined by the Feature Development Engineer in the engineering department.
He builds the associated verification and validation plan that he and the Test Engineer will perform.
His work is done in close cooperation with the Feature Development Engineer in order to build together technical recommendations.
He also secures, maintains and develops the validation knowledge for the Lyon site.
He provides the feature status to the project team.
In order to meet customer satisfaction and upcoming regulations, during projects, the Feature Validation Engineer is responsible to:
- Manage the feature requirements, verification and validation actions
- Translate the feature needs into measurable targets for the feature
- Estimate feature risks, needs for verification actions
- Conduct objective and subjective evaluations of the feature, closely supports the Test Engineer and Feature Development Engineer
- Perform analysis of test results with the Test Engineer
- Report the feature status during feature reviews
- Continuously position the feature in relation to competition
- Participate in the solution process of quality problems
- Define roadmap of test environment (virtual testing, facilities, test tools, methods…) that matches coming needs (projects, technology updates, regulations evolutions):
- Define or update test tools and methods by taking in account technology evolutions and coming regulation needs
- Identify and develop the core activities needed to test and validate the Driver Assistance feature
- Consolidate links with partners who are able to perform tests on selected activities
- Propose and/or carry out Advanced Engineering actions related to the feature
- Actively participate in the work done by the team on others features
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, mechatronic or similar in automotive
- Successful experience (5 years) in automotive activities
- Knowledgeable on EE architecture
- Ability to use networking and logging tools (CANoe, CANAlyzer,…)
- Strong interest in automotive development
- Develop a safe environment while improving his driving skills
- Capability to understand and develop tests related to support Driver Assistance feature
- Customer focus
- Strong network and communication skills
- Team player
- Quality & continuous improvement mindset
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.