SEIM is a function within Parts & Service and Global Product Development at Volvo Buses. We are responsible for increasing uptime and profitability for the bus owners. We are today represented in Sweden, Brazil, Mexico, Poland and India.
SEIM is now seeking a Service Engineer for the Gothenburg site, who has the drive and passion to contribute to future solutions of our products, using both your knowledge and curiosity to find the best solutions together with your colleagues within Parts & Service and Product Development.
As a Service Engineer you are Responsible for developing, writing, illustrating, and maintaining repair Information (Methods and Standard Times), special tools, at the right quality, time and cost for Volvo group’s brand dealers. In your closest team SEIM, where we have a good team spirit you have a tight cooperation with Service Engineer colleagues, Technical Information Specialists, Requirement Engineers and Service Program Manager, in addition you will have a close cooperation with Prototype workshop and Project Managers. You are also responsible to seek information from needed stakeholders like Product Development and Purchasing.
We value a responsibility taking personality with a positive and supportive mindset as well as great communication skills.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Responsible to develop repair methods for vehicle/component, corresponding to group’s demand on safety, quality, environment and serviceability to increase uptime for our customers
- Responsible to develop and release repair information (methods & standard times) for actual project
- Responsible to for the time study for the released method in Standard Time
- Responsible to ensure and sometimes develop special tools by project demand
- Responsible to collect needed information to meet the project demand
We believe the best candidate have a technical Engineering education with a strong vehicle interest or have a solid background from the vehicle aftermarket field with good computer skills. We believe you are right now working as a Service Engineer.
- Business oriented with a clear customer focus & Solution focused
- Holistic view and ability to work cross functionally and build strong relations
- Drive to improve our way of working, with strong implementation skills
- Use of CAD information
- Experience of vehicle repair and maintenance
- Several years’ aftermarket experience with truck/bus or transportation industry or workshop experience is a merit
- Eager to learn and work with your own development
- Great communication skills in English, spoken and written
- Good skills in Microsoft Office
Roland Henriksson, Manager Service Engineering & Information Management, phone +46 76 553 7672
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.