Co-Op: Material Handling (Fall 2019)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this co-op is to allow the student to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Co-ops will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The student will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
- Records, analyzes and evaluates issues affecting the timely delivery of parts and inventory levels; reports on trends and other data utilized in root cause analyses affecting the timely transfer of finished goods to the customer
- Support and develop Lean Material Flow principles and initiatives by participating in Kaizen activities throughout the facility
- Contributes to material layout and delivery route proposals by utilizing the “Go and See” approach on the shop floor and interacting with Material Technicians
- Develops, maintains, and updates the logistics processes and delivery systems to support and enhance plant production capabilities
- Identifies time critical material handling and delivery issues and executes a resolution plan in a timely and successful manner
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Excellent analytical and computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Mathematics, or Business (with Technical Focus)and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.