Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer 3
- Take first actions to protect the plant from Non-Conformant parts from suppliers
- Coordinate containment activities in local Volvo plant or at suppliers, initiate controls and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed in cooperation with material planning
- Process non-conforming material (NCM) notifications in SAP
- Daily contacts with suppliers regarding their quality related issues
- Issue inspection reports and follow-up on suppliers' 8D reports to ensure root cause of quality errors are identified and secure corrective actions are implemented and documented by the supplier
- Verify, evaluate and approve corrective action plans from suppliers
- Internally, report and follow-up on deviations; Initiate, follow-up and close deviation report requests. Follow up with Product Maintenance or Engineering if required
- Assist Purchasing and Supplier Management (P&SM) team with parts and process investigations in Volvo manufacturing sites
- Drive supplier quality improvement work with suppliers and request support from Supplier Development Engineers in case of major/recurrent supplier quality issues
- Follow up on supplier performances and supplier quality information, feedback to P&SM (PPM/QPM data)
- Supplier visits when necessary (Process Audit, Follow up of actions related to NCMs)
- Inspect, analyse, record, enter data, and report part/material inspection results as per Volvo APQP Standards, ISO 9001 specifications, drawing specifications
- Set-up and perform layout inspections on parts and tooling used in fabrication and assembly; and perform detailed First Article Inspections when required
- Bachelor's or foreign degree equivalent in mechanical, electrical, manufacturing or quality engineering or related field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or 5 years of experience in design, manufacturing, or quality assurance, in a Lean Manufacturing/complex design environment
- 5 years of experience managing quality activities including, supplier quality systems & supplier relationships; Quality Management System ISO 9001
- Automotive Quality tools like APQP/PPAP
- Lean Manufacturing; design, manufacturing, or quality of Electrical, Sheet Metal, Structures, Plastics, Powertrain, Attachments, and/or Hydraulic commodities in a design and manufacturing environment
- Evaluating non-conforming parts for compliance to internal and external standards, specifications, and drawings as per design
- Design for Manufacturability and/or Design for Assembly
- Problem Solving Methodology and activities both internally and with suppliers; supporting hands-on activities on the shop floor or in a prototype shop; leading teams; and mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electrical systems and components to find root cause and implement solutions; and CAD, PDM, MS Office. 3 years of experience with General Dimensioning & Tolerancing; and 2 years of experience with ERP systems. Occasional domestic travel required
Apply Online at: http://www.volvogroup.com/group.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.