Commodity Buyer Production Spare Parts-Sweden
To secure that our plants will delivers trucks on time to our customers, we need to make sure Volvo production will run without any interruption. For example, any disruption in the delivery of production spare parts will cause a production stop.
Have you always been curious about how Volvo Group manages this supply chain challenge? Ask us, we know!
Our department in Indirect Products & Services provides the Volvo Group plants with the products & services they need to secure production of our trucks/buses/wheel loaders etc… We are also in the driving seat to capture innovations from our suppliers and anticipate Industry 4.0 challenges.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Our team is part of Volvo Group Purchasing and within the group of Products & Operational Services. We specialize in Industrial Services & Consumables and we are 11 people in the team located in both Sweden and France.
You will be based in Gothenburg (Arendal area) and you will work with our plants in : Tüve, Skövde, Köping, Umea, Boras, Arvika, Hallsberg, Eskilstuna. Therefore, this role requires some occasional travels to mentioned locations and to some of our suppliers.
As our Commodity Buyer for Production Spare Parts-Mechanical and Electrical, you will collaborate with local, regional and global counterparts as well as internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology while ensuring Volvo’s long-term Sustainability and managing Risks (QDCFTSR). You will also strengthen our competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market.
Regarding our suppliers, you will manage and develop our supplier base using categorization, segmentation, continuous performance evaluation. You will also map and identify new suppliers so as to develop new business models and new ways to buy.
You will also :
- Execute all sourcing activities
- Issue RFQ’s, negotiate an optimal cost level for your portfolio and carry out contract negotiations and management
- Contribute to Europe KPI target fulfillment
- Interact as key contact with the stakeholders, mainly in the plants
- Identify, drive synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group including but not limited to participation in internal network meetings and external benchmarking
- Contribute to the development of the segment business plan (strategy) to support Volvo’s strategic objectives
- Secure innovations for your segments
WHO ARE YOU?
To become our next Commodity Buyer, we believe you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business Administration
- Fluent in English and Swedish (in speech and writing)
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Priority management skills
- Experience of working with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), driving cost improvement opportunities
- Agile & flexible
- Communication skills and strong interest to develop good collaboration with stakeholders, suppliers and team
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
Our group is diverse and consists of various types of culture and people, and we see that you are comfortable working with everybody. Your mindset is analytical, problem solving and results oriented. You are also cross functional, have the ability to take ownership of various tasks and you enjoy doing business.
For more information please contact
Sandrine Khalifa, Manager Industrial Services & Consumable, +33 664051286
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.