Lead Wiring and Harness Engineer
The Lead Wiring and Harness Engineer leads teams of engineers who develop complex electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families. Heavy emphasis is placed on level of truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations, detailed documentation, and report writing. The main objective is to provide project release schedules for harnesses within a particular truck brand that allows project engineers to line up their project plans against. Other areas of expertise include, harness cost analysis, complete schematic releases, planning plant support activities, harness development utilizing Saber, coordination of designs, utilizing harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking full design of engineers working on the team. Must have a high level of understanding of circuit functionality, vehicle functions, wiring harness development tools and processes inside a global engineering environment.
- Serves as a full-performance engineer with ownership of the design and release timing of a number of wiring harness families within a defined truck brand.
- Develops and implements complex electrical wiring harness projects within area of assignment including related routing and clipping solutions.
- Communicates relevant design and project requirements to external design counterpart as applicable if detailed design is performed by outside entity.
- Ensures design correctness and completeness for all wiring harness releases within area of responsibility.
- Selects best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations, using internal and industry wide design guidelines and recommended practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Supports purchasing and product finance organization with detailed product cost and cost of change analysis.
- Supports wiring harness supplier with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs for area of responsibility while implementing changes that will improve material cost, quality and supplier manufacturing processes.
- Leadership Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Values Differences
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Action Oriented
- Drive for results - Ability to develop project timeplan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly.
- Priority setting - Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects.
- Team player - Has the ability to cooperate with project team to meet the established end goal.
- Communication- communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately.
- Self improvement and integrity/ Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself/ widely trusted as truthful and direct.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required. Masters preferred.
- 10 + years Engineering experience.
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience is an advantage.
- Expert level in the use of CAD, including experience using harness design.
- Proper knowledge of development processes for wiring harnesses.
- Skilled in developing high level specifications for brackets.
- SAE, IEEE, and Mil standards.
- Knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle electrical systems.
- Strong PC skills are highly desirable.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.