Regional Collection Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Collection Manager is responsible for collecting overdue amounts from delinquent customer accounts allocated to him / her, maximize collected amounts / recovered assets as per targets set by VFS India Management while ensuring a balanced customer service. The Collection Manager is required to adhere strictly to the compliance policies set by VFS India for collections and also strictly adhere to the laws of India. The Collection Manager is also responsible for maintenance of collection data on the Collections System and preparation of Collection MIS.
- Prepares and follows up for collection on overdue accounts allocated to him / her
- Visits all customers and negotiates for collection of overdue amounts, maintains relationships with them keep tab on market references for all his customers
- Maintains effective communication with customers and third parties, e.g. lawyers, collection agencies and repossession agencies
- Identifies deployment of the asset and keeps a tab on its movement/utilization
- Regularly monitor repayment of accounts, analyse causes of delinquency, report concerns timely and plan action accordingly
- Develop collection strategies to main a healthy portfolio in accordance with VFS India goals
- Maintains healthy relationship with internal team and liaise with them to timely resolve customer disputes
- Provides inputs on termination of contracts in standard cases and delinquent cases to National Collection Manager
- Provides inputs, backed by analysis, on the trade-off between maximum collected amounts and legal costs
- Initiates legal cases in time and follows up with legal team. Further ensures collection/settlement/closure of these cases
- Initiates and implements repossession of the asset
- Liaises, as and when required with dealers and regulatory bodies in order to resolve disputes
- Is responsible for the integrity of collection data and customer logs, including visit reports, relating to allocated accounts in the collection system and prepares & provides MIS to Head – Collections and VFS India Management
- Maintains accuracy in uploading trails on all cases, within set timelines
- Strictly adheres to compliance and internal audit requirements
- Provides regular inputs to credit and risk team on market/portfolio behaviour.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- The candidate should have 5-7 years of collections experience in an NBFC or retail bank is a pre-requisite, of which at least 1 years MUST be in CV / CE collections in India
- The candidate should have a sound understanding of cheque bounce and arbitration laws and process in India
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Knowledge of financial services products
- Good knowledge of collection procedures
- Customer focused with strong communications skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking and Sound analytical skills
- Willingness to travel, High level of field connect
- Thorough with a high level of accuracy
- Good level of IT application skills – especially in MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of working in a process driven organisation
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.