- Must be able to demonstrate operational excellence through attitude and actions.
- Present a professional quality image and encourage others to continuously produce to a high standard of quality while seeking continuous improvements.
- Demonstrate polite, courteous, and helpful disposition when dealing with people both internally and externally. Exhibit the Volvo way in word, act and deed. Participate actively as a team player. Work as a team to assist mfg. with quality problems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while at times, having numerous high priority items.
- Ability to make difficult decisions (accept or not accept responsibility)
- Ability to provide feedback in a professional manner and escalate items as required.
- Must be able to work well with all departments to perform the functions of problem analysis, investigating and resolving in-plant and supplier part problems.
Responsibilities – Maintenance Electrician
- Plan and perform the full range of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, maintenance, and repair operations throughout the plant.
- Work involves the dismantling, adjusting, acquiring repair components, repairing and reassembling of machine tools, as well as new construction operations required for overhead crane erection, and other related plant layout changes.
- Work from drawings, sketches, wiring and schematic diagrams, machine tool operating manuals, work order requests, PM sheets, and oral instructions, to install, adjust, repair, and perform electronic and general maintenance duties with high degree of quality and workmanship.
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical components, dismantle unit, acquire replacement parts, repair or replace defective parts or mechanisms, reassemble and prove out.
- To co-ordinate with OEM on major repairs & troubleshooting
- Responsible for creating spare part list & maintaining the spares for critical equipment.
- Install, level, align equipment.
- Maintain, adjust or repair welding machines, bridge cranes, various machine tools, electronic controls, and various other plant related machinery and equipment.
- Set up and operate multimeters, and other electrical test equipment.
- Perform periodic inspection, Preventive Maintenance & troubleshooting during breakdowns of critical equipment.
- Perform plumbing and pipe fitting installation on production equipment. Pumps, valves, and leaks.
- Work as a team with operations in reducing the production losses & improving the machine productivity.
- Maintain specified records of work performed, details of repairs, and materials usage in the MP2 system.
- Maintain equipment and working area in neat and orderly condition. Assure compliance to all local, EPA, Lock Out/Tag Out, NFPA, and other OSHA regulations.
Skills / Experience Required
- Fully understand operation and repair of all electrical & mechanical equipment.
- Able to read & interpret electrical, hydraulic schematics, and machine prints.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to use various software applications in the performance of their duties (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and other PC based software applications that may be required).
- Observe all safety rules and regulations
- Mechanically inclined
- PLC experience a plus
Level of Education
- High School diploma is required
Job Related Work Experience
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience (welding, machining, assembly, or a combination) required
- 3-5 years or more of maintenance and/or maintenance electrician preferred.
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.