IT Architect - Application Infrastructure
Infrastructure & Onsite Services
IT Architect, Application Infrastructure
Infrastructure & Onsite Services (IOS)
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group IT infrastructure services. As the majority of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused at governing and controlling this partner, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.
The mission of Service Management is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Service Management contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost and quality.
We are now looking for two (2) IT Architects, Application Infrastructure
In this role, you will be reporting to the Director Application Infrastructure within Volvo Group IT/ Infrastructure & Onsite Services / Service Management. The Application Infrastructure Portfolio includes all infrastructure services enabling and supporting Volvo Group business applications.
The Application Infrastructure portfolio is divided into four sub-portfolios where the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolio is to be established:
- Application Hosting sub-portfolio – application hosting platforms and services (Mainframe, IBMi, VMS, .NET, Java and cloud application hosting services)
- BI & Analytics sub-portfolio - platforms and infrastructure services for business intelligence, big data and analytics
- Integration, EDI & IoT sub-portfolio - platforms and infrastructure services for integration, EDI & IoT
- Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolio – the common cloud layer in order to be able to offer and expose services from cloud vendors like Microsoft Azure and AWS
- These two (2) IT Architects will be contributing and working within the Application Hosting and Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolios
In close relationship with the partner(s) and in alignment with the overall Volvo Group target architecture, you will identify, design and enforce architectural choices that can support Volvo Group long term strategy, while on the other hand preventing architectural choices that can be an obstacle to it
You will be part of the Application Infrastructure team and work within the Application Hosting and Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolios. You will work closely with other Service Management teams, our main partner’s Architecture teams as well as other Volvo Group IT units such as Solution Delivery units, CIO Office and Center Of Excellence.
- Establish and maintain the long term architecture for the sub portfolio(s), aligned with and based on Service Management target architecture and the sub portfolio roadmap(s)
- Secure and manage infrastructure Portfolio technical standards (VIAP) and contribute to related processes and forums
- Securing infrastructure architecture compliance with corporate standards and directives
- Contribute to service development or enhancement projects initiated by Service Management to ensure architecture support, requirement gathering and breakdown, compliance, consistency and certification
- Contribute to the development of application infrastructure architecture and development guidelines, methods and frameworks
- Ensure documentation of the architecture landscape for the area of responsibility
- Be part of and contribute to the Service Management Architecture Office
- Work closely with architects from other Service Management teams and our partner’s architecture teams in order to make sure that the underlying architecture, infrastructure services and technical decisions support the application infrastructure services needs and SLAs
- Collaborate with our main partner/infrastructure provider and appointed external IT suppliers
- Strong English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong competence and experience in designing and managing enterprise-level infrastructure solutions
- Strong competence and experience of modern application and cloud solution architecture
- Experience with enterprise automation and orchestration
- Experience from Devops practices and tools
- Certified Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS architect
- Experience from using frameworks like TOGAF, ITIL, ISIF and modelling architecture using UML and ArchiMate standards
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will be a key player in the Volvo IOS organization. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group.
At Volvo Group, we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality.
Travel required: Occasional
Application screening will start immediately, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.