Accounting & Company Control (ACC) is a Group Function in the Volvo Group, with offices worldwide. We provide the Volvo Group companies with rational, cost-efficient and right quality services in the financial areas. We are responsible for all local financial and tax compliance for all legal entities. We cooperate actively with our partners and continuously develop our services and processes to adapt to changes in our partner’s business environment.
We are looking for a Chief Accountant who shares a passion for excellence and who infuse enthusiasm into everything they do. This position assists in providing the leadership and daily management of the Accounting Department, with a hands on approach to operations, both front of house and administrative.
- Provide strategic, operational and communications support to the Area Director and cross-functional leadership team to facilitate achievement of business objectives
- Drive and encourage daily control and monitoring within all accounting-relevant processes
- Ensure General Ledger (G/L) reconciliations are implemented and executed and policies are strictly followed
- Maintain General Ledger
- Support and consult with operational functions across the organization within a framework of improving processes and accuracy of financial data
- Provide correct, complete and timely financial information for reporting, forecasting and controlling purposes (high quality baseline for financial information)
- Secure timely and correct Cash-Management (processing of all cash-related transactions)
- Provide correct, complete and timely statutory accounts
- Support Finance & Accounting department within its reporting functions (internal and external),
- Comment on key variances for internal and external reporting
- Constantly drive efficiency improvement for all accounting-related processes
- Develop and review control framework within accounting-relevant processes ensuring an effective control monitoring process is delivered
- Manage performance of Accounting team to ensure their business and development needs are delivered
- Be a professional business partner for (internal and external) auditors and external consultants
- Support business functions in delivering accounting and financial advice as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in an finance function/controlling/reporting function, preferably with experience in the finance/leasing industry
- University degree within the area of economics: accounting, finance, taxes or business
- Strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated business acumen in an international environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead through influence
- Proficiency in the English language
- Analytical capacity and skills to support the organization to take the right actions and
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Expertise in Local GAAP Accounting and International Accounting Standards
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Polish tax regulations
- Ability to partner across organization to deliver effective business solutions
- Demonstrated exceptional people management and leadership capabilities
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- A culture that breeds success and rewards it in many different ways
- Open, ‘can do’ team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality
- Drive your own career
- Market conform benefits, e.g. Private Medical care, Multisport card etc.
Volvo Group Finance przyczynia się do realizacji wizji Volvo Group, opracowując i oferując różnorodne profesjonalne usługi, poczynając od planowania finansowania po księgowość, kontrolę działalności, łączenia i przejęcia, usługi z obszaru nieruchomości, raportowanie finansowe i relacje z inwestorami. W Volvo Group Finance będziesz pracować w globalnym zróżnicowanym zespole wysoko wykwalifikowanych profesjonalistów pracujących z oddaniem, darzących się wzajemnym zaufaniem i z otwartością podchodzących do zmian, aby wyprzedzać konkurencję. Współtworzymy sukces naszych klientów.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.